9:00 AM- 5:00 PM
Or contact NGIS to request a corporate course.
wait for detail
ArcGIS model builder enables the formulation of geoprocessing work flows, linking single GIS tasks and functions together to produce a desired outcome. The power of model builder lies in its ability to store complex geoprocessing models which document and streamline a process. It also enables efficient replication of the model using flexible parameters, and the ability to automatically perform model iterations.
Model Builder represents a significant advancement in the way GIS processing is conducted and stored, and it’s easy to use graphical interface makes linking processes together relatively painless. Models are stored as wizard driven tools in ArcToolbox, and can be easily distributed. Model Builder is also used for generating models ranging from simple feature selection and buffer models to advanced site suitability models using a number of Spatial Analyst and spatial statistics tools. Any tool in ArcToolbox can be embedded into a custom model, including any custom script that has been generated using the python scripting language.
This 1-day Model Builder course teaches you about the Model Builder interface, and demonstrate the use of all the major Model Builder functions. By the end of the course you will be comfortable creating and editing custom models and be able to implement simple to advanced models using a variety of parameters.
Suggested Prerequisite Courses
Geoprocessing and Analysis course or equivalent experience.
- Model Builder interface.
- Wizard Driven model setup.
- Linking processes together.
- Utilising model parameters and variables to enhance the model wizard settings.
- Generating a simple selection model.
- Developing multi process models utilising geoprocessing tasks.
- Model scripting using Python
Exercise 1 – Creating Models
- Documenting Models
- Saving and Distributing Models
- Optional Exercise – Create another Selection Model
Exercise 2 – Variables and Parameters
- Creating Variables from Tools
- In-Line Variable Substitution
- Optional Exercise – Relative Paths
Exercise 3 – Process Automation
- Scratch Workspace
- Managed Data
- Intermediate Data
- Optional Exercise – Preconditions
Exercise 4 – Analysis Modelling
- Interactive Feature Input
- Archiving Models
- Optional Exercise – In_Memory Workspace
Exercise 5 – Controlling Flow
- The While Iterator
- Calculate Value (a Model only Tool)
|3.03.2018 - 3.03.2017
||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
1a/53 Burswood Road,
Burswood WA 6100,
Level 24, Three International Towers,
300 Barangaroo Ave,
Sydney NSW 2000,